Winter has officially begun! Last year, Central New Jersey was hit hard by a blizzard that dumped more than 2ft in some areas! Having a snow plowing company to properly plow out your property is important! To help you, here are some warning signs to look for when looking to hire a snow plowing service.
Warning Signs When Hiring a Snow Removal Company
- Uninsured or Unlicensed – You should never get an uninsured contractor to perform work on your commercial property. If you do, you are taking on the liability for this company. Always ask for proof of insurance. Also find out if the snow plowing company is certified by a reputable industry association. This assures that the contractor has been vetted by a third party, meets quality standards, and follows business best practices.
- Not the Right Equipment – Area property managers should seek out a snow removal contractor with a full fleet of heavy-duty trucks and equipment designed to clear your Central NJ property this winter. Trucks equipped with commercial-grade snow plows and skid-steer loaders that push snow off of walkways are a must. Sidewalk crews that provide shoveling is also very important for retail spaces.
- Low Supply of Ice Melting Products – The demand for salt is greater than the supply, and not all snow plowing companies will be able to secure the volume of material they will need for this year. So, depending on the plowing company you hire, your property might not get the ice-melting product it requires to stay safe this winter. You will want a company that can prove it has a supply of ice-melting resources, so ask for a guarantee.
- Bad Communication – It’s your snow plowing contractor’s job to stay ahead of the storm. You need a responsive partner. Look for a snow plowing company that promises a 24/7 point of contact. Effective communication is critical during snow events, and the commercial snow removal company you hire should offer multiple ways to reach the company: phone, text, email and in-person meetings on a regular basis, if requested.
- No Sustainable Snow & Ice Removal Practices – Winter can take a physical toll on parking lots and landscapes, so ask the snow plowing company whether it uses sustainable de-icing techniques. There are ways to use ice-melting products while minimizing the environmental impact on your property. Pretreated ice melting products are one good example, which enable safer, faster removal with less material.
Custom Landscaping and Lawn Care offers professional snow plowing & removal services, lawn services, and other landscaping services to the Central NJ area in towns such as East Brunswick, South River, Parlin, Morganville, Sayreville, Old Bridge, Matawan, Marlboro, South Brunswick, Monmouth Junction, Aberdeen, North Brunswick, and many more. Contact them today at 732-238-8330, or visit their website.