Having a healthy green lawn is very important to many people and gives off an impression to friends and neighbors. Here are some things that you can do to maintain a green lawn.
- Aerate – Aeration is very important and can help your lawn grow healthy if done correctly. You can aerate with many different methods from using advanced machinery to just poking little holes in your lawn with any practical tool. It’s best to aerate when the soil is damp
- Fertilization – This is also important for maintaining a green lawn. Make sure you perform a pH test first to see whether fertilizing will be helpful or harmful.
- Reseeding – If your lawn isn’t looking so well and has many brown or bare patches, it may be time to reseed.
- Mow Weekly or When Necessary – Mowing your lawn regularly at a recommended height is one of the most crucial things you can do to have the lawn you want.
- Irrigation – Manually watering your lawn or setting up a sprinkler system can make or break your lawn’s appearance during hot summer months. Overwatering can be bad too so do your research or ask a professional on how to go about doing it.
- Rid Your Lawn of Pests – There are a bunch of different pests that like to inhabit your lawn and kill grass, trees, and shrubs. Calling a professional for pest treatment would be a wise decision if you think you’ve got an infestation.
Following these tips will help your lawn stay healthy and green. Custom Landscaping and Lawn Care offers all of these lawn services and more throughout the Central NJ area in towns such as East Brunswick, South Amboy, Monroe, Milltown, Sayreville, Marlboro, Matawan, and many more. Call today for an estimate.